Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 03

03: Today I woke up with a dry throat, runny nose, and gross waxy lips. I suppose waxy lips are better than dry and peeling lips, but they're still pretty gross feeling. I imagine my lips like the waxy skim that forms on old pudding. Yuck. Anyways, I got up, rinsed my face with water, and slapped on some more Cetaphil moisturizer. I've been putting off tanning for about a week, but I'm starting to get pasty again... I know you're not supposed to tan while on isotetrinoen, but come on. I'm just going to try it for a shorter amount of time in a bed with lower UV output. I'll let you know how it goes.

 Update: Don't go tanning on Claravis. Oopsie. I've only been on the drug for 3 days, and I had to cut my tanning time in half. Nine minutes into my session, my eyes started bugging out, I felt really hot, my heart racing, and I had to get out. When I looked in the mirror, my chest, neck, and face were completely pink. On the drive home, I felt really dehydrated and a bit dizzy. I was kicking myself in the butt, trying to pinpoint where I should have realized that it wasn't a good idea. Then I realized that somewhere between the 90s music and my eyes spazzing, I either fell asleep, or had a memory lapse. I don't remember those few minutes. That scared me a bit, but there's no way that's related to the Claravis... seriously, I've only had 5 pills. I think that because I was nervous just about going, I fell asleep for a minute, and then had a mini panic attack when I woke up. Now I'm terrified to go back, but hey, it's almost summertime and the sun doesn't come naturally in Maine.

Update: It's almost midnight, I'm getting ready for bed, and my back was feeling kind of sore so I checked it out. I have a bunch of mild sun blisters all over me, but no sunburn. Huh? I also have 3 tiny sun blisters on the corner of my right eye, but I remember tanning when I started birth control pills, and having those same bumps on my hands. I don't know what they mean or if they're harmful, but they seem to stop appearing after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment